1. Are you young at heart, or an old soul?
Never in my life did I refer to myself as an ‘old soul’; I’m possibly one of the newest souls there is. On most days, I feel incredibly young which is both good and bad. Then I realize I’m also an idiot at most things as evidenced by some events in my life where I’ve hit walls and I spiraled out of control. Somehow, I feel like I’m stuck in between the age 19-20 but I’m not really complaining. I am a scared yet happy young at heart.
2. What makes someone a best friend?
My relationship with my best friends is nothing complicated—unconditional love and never one-sided. We’re very different individuals and have made a lot questionable choices in our lives where the initial reaction is you judge and resent the other. But somehow we could push it aside in order to give way to listen because you trust and love them. It’s really not about experiencing everything together but I’ve realized even if you’re not physically together, you can always find yourselves traveling through life at the same frequencies. You learn from each other and that’s always a joyful reunion. My best friends heal my broken spirit and I guess that’s the best way to put it.
3. What Christmas (or Hanukkah) present do you remember the most?An amazing dollhouse that my half-sister sent from the States and it’s still alive today. It’s a two storey plastic Colonial-style dollhouse and it was incredibly beautiful with fully functioning lights. It’s that dollhouse that developed my fascination with dollhouses and eventually interior design (when I was younger).
4. Tell me about a movie/song/TV show/play/book that has changed your life.
Umm. There are a lot of things but I can’t really point out a single thing to answer this question. Like how watching cartoons in general led me to discover my ‘talents’ in drawing and how a plethora of J-rock bands help me overcome my depression and my poor self-concept. I’ve learned a lot of things from a share of my many great loves but I think I’ve yet to encounter that one thing that will really change my life.
5. Name one physical feature that you like about yourself,and one you dislike.
Honestly, I think I have great lips. Although I have to admit I’ve been neglecting them lately but on better days they’re nice, soft and deep shade of pink-red. I could wear plain lip balms and get away with it.
Ugh, my skin. I’m also a bit on the hairy side and got my genes from my dad’s side since he’s a burly hairy kind of guy from the remaining Spanish blood he got from his forefathers. I do wax but I still don’t have a stable income that allows me to go to a waxing salons as much as I would like to. Also when I was a kid, I’ve got a bad case of skin asthma which left me a few scars on some parts of my legs.
6. Would you like to reconnect with any friends you’ve lost contact with?
At some point, it makes me think also what the basis of our friendship was during those times when we were together. Yes, I do get sad when I lose a friend and it’s a hard to get back together with them when you think about why were you friends in the first place, why was there a rift in your relationship, etc.
7. What’s more important in a relationship: physical attraction or emotional connection?
Emotional connection, because if you just base your relationship from a physical point of view then you don’t have much to work with in building a relationship. It’s not that easy to maintain a relationship after all and an emotional connection is more deeply rooted.
8. Name a movie that you knew would be terrible just from reading the title.
Dragonball: Evolution, 2 Headed Shark Attack, My Super Ex-Girlfriend, Vampires Suck, Glitter, Pirahna 3DD, House of Wax and if there was an upcoming movie of 50 Shades of Grey (oh my god).
9. What holiday do you most look forward to?
10. How is the relationship between you and your parents?
My mom’s great! I love sitting and talking to her and she’s just quintessentially perky and caring to everyone. She talks sense about a lot of things and I love that even if she doesn’t say it, she thinks I’m incredibly weird than most people but loves me and accepts me this way. She doesn’t try to change me and supports me 100%.
My dad died a few years back and we didn’t really see eye to eye on most things. I disliked a lot of things about him and made my adolescent life absolutely terrible. He’s not the type of dad I could depend on honestly because of his old age and he depended more on us especially when his memory started to go away. I was still lucky than my younger brothers since growing up, I still experienced the times when my dad’s condition wasn’t as worse. He really liked me, that’s for sure. He would randomly hold my hand when we visited the malls. I loved him in my own way.
11. You’ve got the TV on, but you’re not really watching. What channel is the TV on?
I would imagine ABS CBN, cause that’s the first channel to come on when I turn the TV on.
12. Name a song that never fails to make you happy.
Vapour Trail by Ride.
13. You know at least one person named Michael. Tell me about him.
This boy, Michael and I, go way back and we had a very peculiar relationship. I’m not sure if I could consider him as an ex-boyfriend and vice versa, but we did have a kind of open relationship to say the least. Great kid with a few quirks and we both loved to draw; his art is more of the Western comic book style while I leaned on a bit of surreal art noveau style and we used to collaborate. He’s younger than me by a few years but we functioned on the same wavelength and we did love each other in our own weird way. What we “had” didn’t exactly last, since we didn’t find what we were looking for in each other despite the great company. But we remained friends up until now even if we don’t talk to each other a lot these days. No awkwardness whatsoever.
14. Have you ever read the “missed connections” on Craigslist? Have you ever posted one, or wanted to?
No and no.
15. If you could pick anywhere to live the rest of your life, where would it be?
As much as I love where I live right now, I’m not the type to stay in one place. Given the chance, I’d love to live abroad, somewhere I could challenge myself. For now, I can’t really name a place although I’d love to live in a place where it snows. And this may be cheesy, but I’d love it if my boyfriend comes with me, he’s after all my family and his presence just screams ‘home’ to me.
Just a random set of questions I found while I was browsing Tumblr. You guys are free to answer this as well. Please share to me your answers if you do answer these questions 🙂