So, say you were meeting a new person–blind date, new friend, who knows. And you wanted them to have some idea of what kind of person you are, and who you are. But you can’t actually tell them in so many words. Instead, you have to give them a box, with a dozen things in it for them to look at/read/listen to/taste/whatever. What would you put in the box? And a copy of your journal or a link to your LJ would be the same thing as just telling them directly, yourself, so that’s not allowed.
1. A copy of “American Gods” by Neil Gaiman & complete Brother’s Grimm
2. DVDs of Neon Genesis Evangelion series and movies, Sailor Moon, Howl’s Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Vision of Escaflowne the movie, Nemo’s Adventures in Slumberland, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, 9, Ghost in the Shell, Toy Story and Perfect Blue.
3. My cross necklace & an ankh charm
4. The playlist in my mp3 player
5. The 2 drawing notebooks I own
6. A lightsaber
7. Boxes of Meiji Black chocolates
8. DVDs of Quentin Tarantino movies, Aliens, Never Let Me Go, Pan’s Labyrinth, The Fall, Mirrormask, Wristcutters, Fight Club and May
9. A huge lunchbox filled with lasagna
10. A piece of stained glass from a church
11. A glass bottle with fireflies trapped inside
12. A world map with notes of the places I want to visit one day